Acadia HR designs and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive payroll services, human resource management and benefit administration support.
Founded in 1989, Acadia HR has managed the critical, non-revenue producing functions of small and mid-sized companies to produce more efficiencies and grow their bottom line.
We are a team of dedicated business partners exceeding client expectations in delivering expert HR solutions with cutting-edge technology and friendly, personalized, and exceptional customer service.
Acadia HR's History
Throughout his twenty-five years in construction management throughout the Hudson Valley region of Upstate New York, Jim Belliveau observed an unmet need for small businesses to have a partner fully capable of handling the basic nuts and bolts of managing employees - payroll, workers comp, labor law compliance, and employee benefits. To address that need, Jim founded Acadia HR in 1989.
For over three decades, Acadia HR has provided scalable, innovative, and customized solutions to employment challenges faced by all small and medium-sized businesses. Throughout the company’s tenure of growth, several important milestones were reached, including:
- Establishment of offices in Nashville, TN and Austin, TX.
- Acquisition of enterprise level, industry-specific HR management software platform to provide improved integration, expanding invoicing and payroll data reporting features.
- Introduction of secure, 24/7 accessible Acadia Online© platform for comprehensive client-level payroll, labor cost and employee data access.
- Development of strategic partnership with a national time management firm to create a private label comprehensive time and attendance system fully integrated with payroll.
- Completion of 360 review of 24/7 business continuity; implemented fully secure, multi-redundant power and offsite data storage infrastructure facilitated by strategic partnerships with highly certified software and equipment industry leaders.
Acadia HR’s current staff and team of business advisors continue to receive ongoing support through the expert retained counsel services of Jackson Lewis, P.C., one of the nation’s largest labor law firms solely representing employers. By providing multiple layers of guidance and expertise throughout the myriad of employment disciplines, Acadia HR continues to expand the scope and depth of its services to the business community.
Acadia HR is honored to be one of the most experienced Professional Employers in the US. What started as a small, niche business designed to help building trade sub-contractors blossomed into a full-scale national corporation that provides essential business services to clients across the country and in every industry imaginable. As any builder will agree, the most critical element of any construction process is the foundation, and Acadia HR proudly embraces its foundational origins by continuing to help build strong, successful businesses every day.